Sunday, November 22, 2009

Manic Panic and Curly Girl?

Alright, I have a question. I dye my dirty blonde hair red, and the color is constantly fading out. On here, someone suggested mixing a little bit of Manic Panic into the conditioner, so it touches up the color with every wash. (In case you're confused, Manic Panic is a semi-permenant, vegetable based dye.)



Here's where the problem arises : I use Lorraine Massey's Curly Girl method to wash for Botticelli curls, which entails rinsing out some, but not ALL of my conditioner. (I shampoo once a week). If I put the Panic into my conditioner, and stay with my routine otherwise, will it destroy my hair? How much of the MP should I pour into the conditioner? I'm sick of re-dying my whole head every 6 weeks to keep the red in. I've tried Radiant Red, Pantene Color Conditioner for Reds, Loreal for color treated hair, and am currently using Tresemme for Browns/Reds. I figure if I can get a quick touch-up every shower, my life will be easier. Sorry for the length, and thanks for reading!!



Manic Panic and Curly Girl?

I thank God I'm a guy...



Manic Panic and Curly Girl?

Well, one thing I knoe is Manic Panic won't ruin your hair. It says so on their site, since it has no chemicals, and since it has a cream base so it conditions hair a little. It's not gonna destroy your hair. However, leaving in the dye may be problematic, when you sleep, the dye'll go on your pillow, etc. Here's an idea, but I'm not sure if it'll work, since I don't know exactly what you do.



First, put a little conditioner (mixed with Manic Panic) in your hair. Not as much as you'd normally use.



Then, rinse that out and put a little more condition in your hair, but without the dye. Leave this bit in.



Hope I helped atleast a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee