Friday, November 27, 2009

Can a brunette go blonde???

my natural hair color is medium brown, well iv always wanted to go 2 a dirty blonde color for years now.so I went to go get it professionally done in December and after of hours sitting there it ended up a strawberry blonde color more red ( I dunno if it was because she mixed to different blondes together)...so few days later I just said screw everything and just go back to a brown color, I think I got light ash brown from loreal....but then in the sun I noticed I have red tones in my hair (which i dont want) and everything so I figured I would give blonde another try but reading up on brunettes going blonde from what other people are saying its seems to me its freggin impossible to go blond with no orange tone or red tone or whatever, so right now I still have the light ash brown color but I frosted it so its kinda blonde but not the blonde I want, so should I just keep highlighting for a while until it gets blonde enough to dye with no problems or am I just wasting my time?



Can a brunette go blonde???

first of all dont dont dont bleach it....that wrecks the hair and its so hard to get it to a nice blonde...what i would suggest is grab a darker blonde thats about 2 - 3 shades lighter then your color now. that should lighten it enough then in a few weeks go lighter. its a process but eventually you should get the desired color.



Can a brunette go blonde???

Good luck that stuff stinks.



Can a brunette go blonde???

its really hard to get a blonde without any orange tones in it at all



Can a brunette go blonde???

I'm not exactly sure what kind of blonde you're going for, but a brunette really can't go totally blonde without bleach. Not all bleach will turn your hair orange. That only happens if you don't leave it in long enough. You can only bleach it if your going to bleach it all the way. Then you go back and tone the hair or dye it the color you want. (I'm assuming you don't want it all bleach blonde) But I really don't suggest doing this because bleaching is SOOOOOO bad for your hair. It completly ruins the texture. So, good luck!



Can a brunette go blonde???

Okay I'm not pro and I'm a boy but =%26gt;



I have brown hair and I bleach it every couple of months and it's not lightbulb blonde but I guess it's not natural...



But I still think its a nice blonde.



But then I'm not fussy.



Oh yeah its streaked not full, so the brown comes through and you get tones and it makes the blonde not so bright....



Need to get it done again actually D:



But yeah it might ruin your hair if you do it to much idk.



Can a brunette go blonde???

You can go blond but it will be a constant workout to keep it so.



You actually have to bleach your hair out a few times before applying the desired blond. I know you don't want someone to tell you to go to a professional but it sounds like the one you went to didn't actually listen to what you wanted. After your hair has been bleached and essentially stripped of all colour, you will want to have blond, blond highlights, and low lights that add all the dimensions of a natural blond. It gets expensive but if you want it to look natural and not freaky it's necessary to have these dimensions to your hair. Bear in mind that print ads and TV personalities are not good examples because over dyed hair looks better on camera than in real life.



Make sure you do your eyebrows too!



Alternatively you could use sun-in, which you can find at almost any drugstore. This stuff works but will give you that bleached by the sun look rather than you looking like you were born a blond.



Can a brunette go blonde???

yeah you can but be carful it dosent go ginger. I get mine done at hairdressers. its safer that way. its when i got a dyye from a shop and it made my roots go ginger. so get it done at a salon.



Can a brunette go blonde???

You should be able to. There are different "volumes" of peroxide. 10 on the low scale to 40 on the high scale. They can be bought at beauty supply stores. There are also accelerant powders and "redout" liquids.



Question is how well your hair can handle it without falling apart.



How about experimenting with cutoff locks of hair?



Can a brunette go blonde???

I'm naturally blond and I went brunette last winter. When I did, the hairdresser told me that to go back to blond I would have to have it bleached at the salon. When I wanted to be blond again I decided I didn't want to pay for the bleaching (which was over $125 at my salon) and I bought 3 different brands of store color to test them out on my hair so I could figure out what color I'd get (definetely do this every time ... cut a bit off the ends in the back somewhere that is underneath so you can't tell and then mix the color and test it out, rinse it and dry it to see what color you get ... I've had my hair turn gray, purple, and fire red and then its just expensive to fix and very damaged ... so cut a piece off and test it first!). Well my hair was a medium brown color and none of the blond dyes got it to blond. Herbal Essences Color Me Vibrant in the light natural blond made it the lightest, but it was more of a light brown than a blond. And it had to be left in for 45 minutes so the pieces I tested looked really dried out. Revlon Colorsilk in the same shade barely made a difference, and I think the other one I used was Nice and Easy and that also did nothing. So I had to have it bleached. My hair dresser toned it with a lighter blonde and like a honey color so it didn't look that fake. If you put the store color all over your hair and it doesn't change it you'll be drying out your hair for no reason, and if the color you get is too orange you'll have to fix it at a salon anyway. Fixing it with store color a day or two after you just put another shade in is like a guessing game. Save yourself the trouble, test the color on a few stands of your hair, and if it doesn't work, go to the salon. Good luck!



If you find a blond store shade that gets it back to blond, please post it so I can get that one next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee