Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

my sister has dyed my hair at home 3 times so far, but it never turns out the color i want, especially when i dye it a lighter color. it always comes out too red. i recently tried using Loreal Natural Match, and i tried the cooler shade, so my hair would turn out less red, but it didn't work like i thought it would. would it be better to go get it professioanlly dyed? my mom thinks so, but my sister thinks it isnt worth it. help!!



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

i was going to say do it at home but if u cant seem to get it right then def let some one who knos wat there doing.. ur sister says its not worth it cuz shes probaly mad she dident get it right any of the trys lol



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

let a professionally do it you don't want to mess anything up



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

ive had my hair dyed both at home (by myself) and professionally n 2 b honest its nt dat different



xx



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

It is worth going to get it done profesionally, and if it doesnt come out right then they will fix it. They are also using a different kind of dye that works better with your hair and they use different colors depending on the under tones of your hair also. It would be a great idea to stop doing yourself and to just go to the salon, I promise, you will see a huge difference.



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

Get some professional help for the colour and get a friend that can do it really well or your mom. the real people at the stores make u oay a fourtune. do iturself.



xxxJenna



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

So worth it!!!!!!! The dyes are to unpredictable from the pharmacy.And they are harder on your hair.Go fork out a little more and get exactly what you want .Professional all the way!



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

u should go to a professionally or if u know how to do it then u should do it your self



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

You have a couple options. If you go to a pro, they will have to strip your hair, which could be hazardous to your hairs health and very costly. You can let it grow back to natural color, which will take months and years if it is long hair...and re-dye over healthy untreated hair. Or, other options, which I would do, and I do my own hair color at home as well, to lighten it up:



1. wash hair with baby shampoo, it lightens up fast!



2. buy a super light haircolor, to lighten it up, but will dry you out tremendously.



3. Add light highlights to soften up the red.



Gosh, thats a lot, but I hope you get it the way you like, its important to you!



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

professioally



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

you should ask a pro first b/c depending on your hair color its what color the dye will make your hair.



ive been trying to lighten my hair for months and i cant becuse i had black in it so most of the time you wont get tyeh exact hair color as the box b.c of the color you have on know so if you go to a salon and ask to see a color book ask them if your hair would get that color then go from there but i suggest you go t a pro they might get closer to the color you want



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

when dying your hair a lighter color, if it comes out red, it will always come out red whether or not you do it professionally, maybe if you BLEACH your hair blonde it would come out red but do you really want it that light?? i have had my hair done at a salon and always comes out red, so i just do it it at home and it still comes out red. lets face it, your natural highlight in your hair is red when you dye it no matter what it will never go away until it turns grey so either leave your hair alone or accept that its going to be red



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

Go get one of the lorel kits with a base color and highlights, they aslo have guides on them about warmer/cooler shades. they cost about $20 and they work relly well, unless your hair is really curly(highlights done go on smoothly).or if your going for a drastic change then go to the salon. But a good coloring at a good salon will cost you @$150-250, depending on you hair length and haw many colrs they use.



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

it's totally worth it. Why they came out with people doing at home jobs is beyond me. leave it to the prfessionals. I've seen some at home jobs that haunt me to this day. Your sister is full of sh*t. This time your mom is right. You'll be alot happier. When i get my hair dyed it's only one color and just the color is $50 and lasts about 6-9 mounths.



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

i would def get it done professionally. You just tell them what you want and they make it even better. Bring them a picture of what you would like. And when you keep using the cheap stuff it ruins your hair. When you get it done by a pro they have healty stuff.



Dye my hair at home? or get it professionally done?

If you have a drastic colour correction that needs to be done, you would be best off going to a professional. If you don't want to spend too much money, ask if they have a junior stylist who can do it. Often they charge much less but their work is good and they will often consult with the lead stylist of the salon to make sure it turns out right. If you dye your hair a lot, don't forget to deep condition - healthy hair takes colour better.



At home, you could try washing your hair with dish detergent or even some non-bleach laundry detergents - they can lift colours you don't want. However, red is a difficult tone to remove from hair, so you'd be best going to a professional.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee