Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Highlighting younger sister's hair?

I'm 14, almost 15 :), and my younger sisters want me to highlight their hair. they're 9 and 10. they've never had color or anything like that put in or done to their hair. i was planning on just getting stuff from walmart (like Loreal) and doing it that way. anyway, i was just wandering if it would damage their hair, or anything. i don't see why it would, but i don't know. thanks!!!



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

Hi Bek,



Aww i think that real sweet them wanting thier hair done and turning to thier big sister, thats nice.



Right, Yes the L'oreal one would be good as they are young and you might just be wanting minimal highlights. I would say Herbal essenses, but that would be brush form and they would be over thier whole head. I would reccomend the L'oreal one.



No it should be no harm to thier hair personally, obviously bleech is damaging but it wont damage thiers any different from a 30 year old. As their hair has not before been colour treated make sure you test them to 48 hours prior dye to make sure they have no reaction (this should be stated on the box anyway). ALWAYS leave the bleech on for at least 30 minuits, dont worry and take it off too quickly or the highlights will turn orange and you dont want that!!. Use a suitable shampoo and conditioner after highlighting to keep the colour looking at its best.



If you have any worries about the L'oreal highlighting kit i got a review for you so you can read it through see what you think, if you like it go for it im sure the girls will love the hair.



______________________________________...



Author's product rating: 4/5



Advantages: Great light colour, not a hint of orange !



Disadvantages: Strong smell, can damage hair if over used



Recommend to potential buyers: yes



Full review



--------------------------------------...



I've been dying my own hair for years now due to some awful salon disasters! I've been various different shades along the way but chose to go blonde recently. Got to admit my first attempt was pretty worrying I used a garnier pre-lightener kit which gave a horrific orange effect! But I'm not one to give up and also was fairly reluctant to return to the hairdressers with such a hideous colour of hair I tried again. This time I went for Loreal perfect blond hightlighting kit ( I used it for a full head aplication rather than highlights) as this had been highly recommended to me and I hoped it would live up to its name. It certainly exeeded my expectations and turned my naturally dark hair to a nice (but very bright) light blonde colour in less than 30 minutes, the max time to leave this on is 45 minutes as it is very powerful and will cause damage if left on longer. This product cost me 鎷?.68 in superdrug although prices do vary slightly in different retailers. I considered this very good value for a result this good as in most salons this kind of treatment would set you back around 鎷?0.00 upwards depending where you go of course.



The preperation and application of this product is very straight forward, you mix 1-2 bleach sachets (depending how dark your hair is) with a bottle of cream developer until smooth, there is a sturdy plastic container provided to do this in and also a brush to mix and apply it. I liked the fact these were provided as some I've bought in the past have only included the dye meaning you have to buy everythng else seperately which adds to the cost.



There are clear instructions and directions provided but once you've prepared the dye its pretty much just a case of brushing on, waiting, then rinsing and your done. It is also recommended that you test the dye on your skin and hair to make sure its suitable and you have no bad reactions, best to be on the safe side I think! Also would advise using this in a well ventilated area as it gives off quite strong fumes- don't let that put you off though as most bleaches are like this and its not that bad really.



This product is not recommended for covering extensive grey but will cover smaller amounts and can be used on all hair colours/types(results will vary) although it is advised not to use on severly damaged hair as may cause further breakage.



Box content



~~~~~~~~~~



1x developer cream



2x bleach sachets



1x hair cap



1xhair hook(pulls hair through cap)



1x nutri-ceramide conditioner



1x brush applicator



1x high quality gloves(not those flimsy over sized ones)



1x clear instruction leaflet



Summary



~~~~~~~~



On a whole this product was very good and did exactly what it said it would, however after much deliberation decided the result was too light to suit me and covered it with a slightly darker blonde which I'm now 100% happy with and know I would not have been able to achieve this result without using the lighter dye first . The bright colour is by far a flaw in the product I just felt it wasn't quite what I wanted in the end, but it does work and well at that if you



a) have dark hair and want to go light bonde without the orange factor!



or b)you want to lighten your hair in order to use a different colour that would not work on dark hair



Good Luck, hope it all works out, any problems you can e-mail me x x



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

i dont think sooo



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

It would damage their hair if they have very thin hair in most cases it would damage hair if you went to Sally Beauty supplies it wouldn't be as bad for there hair.



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

well they're a bit young but if they want you to it should be ok buy a highlighting kit not a colour because t will be more difficult use conditioner afterwards and it should befine just make sure they dont start colouring hair too often because this is the point the hair becomes dried out and damaged if you can buy a colour with little or no ammonia



hope this helps you



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

Have your parents take them to go see a pro, because highlighting is very difficult to do on dark hair and getting the streaks to look natural.



P.S. from my personal experience Loreal hair dye feels like it burns your scalp so stay away from that brand.



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

That is what I used on my hair and its fine....I used it on my sisters and hers is fine...my cousin is ten, her hair is dark blonde almost brown..and her mom put it in her hair and she was so cute..anyway go ahead they will be fine



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

Actually you are not suppose to treat your hair with chemicals until puberty starts at about 11-12yrs old. I was told that my my hairdresser when my 9 year old wanted to highlight her hair. Anyway Im not sure why except maybe the oils in the hair are not mature enough yet to handle chemicals. If you try it anyway good luck.



Highlighting younger sister's hair?

SunSilk makes a product called Blonde Bombshell. It's used as a conditioner and you leave it in for up to 5 minutes. It's not permanent and will give them an opportunity to see if they really want this. It's safe and really leaves hair soft and shiny. It won't be a drastic change but the more you use it, the bigger the change. You will see a difference right away and I love this stuff! But please don't use any dyes or permanent color on their young heads. It will ruin their hair. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee