Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

This is my second time trying to dye my hair cause my first one didnt work. I'm asian, so of course I have natural black hair, and Im trying to dye it brown. I bought a product called "LOREAL PARIS SUPERIOR PREFERENCE" or something like that, and it said i just have to put it all over my hair for 30 minutes and rinse it off. Well I followed the instructionsas in, mix the Color gel with Color Optimizing Creme and etc. and now I have half a bottle left? I tried twice, but it seems that it just doesnt work. I had it on for 30 minutes, i would rinse it off with cold water, and my hairs still black. any suggestions?



I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

maybe you have to bleach it first, 'cause its harder to go from dark to light...



I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

maybe that brown dye can't be dying with black hair. you should mybe go have a dye more lightful like blonde.



I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

you may not like this idea...but it is prohbably the only way to get the color you want since your hair is so dark...



Get a box of hair bleach, leave it in for 45-60 minutes (as it will take longer to strip your dark hair of its color)



next, rinse your hair out really well and use a deep conditioner to put some hydration back into it (dying hair makes it dry)



next, dye your hair brown...even if your hair doesnt turn platinum from bleaching it (it probably will be more yellow b/c of your black hair) it will take the brown color and be pretty much whatever the color is on the box that you pick out....



I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

Since your hair is black, the brown does not have a high enough lift to change the color of your hair. Try a lighter shade of brown, or a dark shade of blonde. Try at least 3 to 4 shades lighter than your natural color.



I can't dye my hair?! HELP!?

Honestly, I would recommend getting it professionally done because box dying usually never turns out the way that you want it to. Usually on the back of the box, they give alternate instructions for people with different hair colors. Usually if your hair is dramatically darker than the color on the box, it'll show you a picture of what color you will actually get (it's usually different) or they'll tell you to keep the dye on longer? It's been a while since I've dyed my hair, so I'm not totally sure, just make sure that you read the instructions carefully, and try doing your research first (sites like drugstore,com, they have reviews from people who have used the product).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee