Friday, November 27, 2009

Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

i am a teen and i found a really cool color purple(frosted plum) that i love!!! and it washes out in 10 washes garunteed! its a good brand and inuxpensive(loreal)its not realy that purple, its more dark brown with purple shine to it.my hair is already dark dark brown but parents say NO!!!PLEASE HELP!!!



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

wow that sounds like a really cool color! I'm a mom and my daughter has worn so many different colors I can't count. She's back to her original color and colors it on special occasions. I think that parents freak out because they think it's weird and they don't want the neighbors to think that their kids are strange. Just my theory. i color my hair too. my natural color is dark brown and I color it light golden brown. I've done that since my daughter was in high school. I just got tired of the same old color. I guess I'm a little different from some of the parents. your parents shouldn't worry because it's not permanent and it washes out in ten shampoos. if you can talk them into it, I say go for it!



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

omg im so with you i want to go blonde but my dad is like sorry i dont want you to ruin your hair but its my hair!!! do it anyway im gonna do mine on my birthday!



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

hey hey...yeah i'm in my 20's and still my mom freaks out when i talk about high lights! ha i guess they have thier reasons but maybe start out less drastic



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

well you could try to talk them into it. Try paying for it with your own money if your not already. Give them a good reason to let you do it. Try not to get in trouble but debate with them. Try to tell them something worse that could happen.



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

I never understood the reason why my parents wouldn't allow me to dye my hair either. Especially if it's the wash out kind. Got no help for you on this one. If I were your mom I'd let you. It's a part of self expression.



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

Your parents probably are proud of the way you are and u are a creation of them. Another reason it might be is they fear you rebeling???:S Try to bargin with them or ask for somethin worse then say well u'll satisfy with the non-permanent hair colour. Then there is always rebelion and just dye it anyways



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

well i cant help u there i asked my mom if i can get maroon highlights but she always says NO cause it will hurt my hair and it will start falling and going grey so i have to dye it everytime so i said i wont let my hair get that no way in hell so my advice no but if u really want to ask them if u can use something herbal it wont harm



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

Oh yeah i have heard of that stuff my bff uses it. it really is a good product.



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

kids mostly do a horrible job of coloring hair. it looks steaky, and stains everything your touch. then it grows out forever and leaves a "line" of colors. SO GHETTO



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

not all parents are against our kids getting their hair dye i have a son and when he was 10 years old i allowed him 2 get his hair done bright purple..there was alot of things i asked from him first one 2 wait in till school was out.2.make good grades a's and b's (before)3.and 2 allow my hair dresser 2 do it for him.i didnt want him doing it himself ..3.he had 2 agree 2 get it changed back 2 his regular hair color a week before school started but ever parent makes those choices and try talking 2 them about this dont take off when u start 2 hear something u dont want 2 hear dont yell we tend 2 get upsst and tune u out when that happens (or worst ground u) but i know u have heard this in till u r 18 u cant do it..my son thank goddness out grow getting this done ever summer and alot of differnt colors later. his dad was not happy about it (he is in the marine corp. and alot of that just isnt done) good luck



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

Sorry to say but your parents brought you into this world and are responsible for you until your of legal age. When you turn 18 there isn't a thing they can do about it. You just need to chill out till then and then do what you want to do! I know that's not what you want to hear but if i did that then I wouldn't be helping you. Good Luck and Patience!



Parents!why are parents so against their kids dyeing their hair.?

This is a great question...



and important one



As a busy hair stylist and Colorist in malibu California (and the mom of 2 girls) I spent years trying to teach parents that the least harmful thing a child can do to their body is "color" their hair. It is 100% fully reversible...(you can cut it off, etc) ... and if hair color is the worst thing they ever have to worry about they should consider themselves lucky....



There is just a lot worse things than hair color.



As a teen every child has a phase they go thru where they want to express themself. . . its part of growing up.... some pierce their ears, some color their hair. some get tattoos, some do a lot worse things....



IT IS PART OF GROWING UP, and is fully reversible....



Tell them you are using "semi-permanent color" which means it shampoos out over time....



truthfully...i would highly NOT reccomend any brand that comes in a box.... not because I care about anything other than YOUR HAIR....



those box kits ruin hair...



if your hair is dark brown....just buy some manic panic in purple and put that on a 1 inch piece underneath...at least this way it won't ruin your hair....



I don't understand parents that say something as silly as that, maybe read them what I wrote if you think they might listen....I did the color of thousands of kids your age and about once a month i would come across this same problem, some i could get to understand my theory...some I couldn't . . . .



Its just an artistic expression, that's all......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee