Sunday, November 22, 2009

L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

i have short brown hair and i wanted to dye my hair useing loreal couleur experte...but my hair came out looking fn orange!!!!! not the fabulous 3.5 warm chocolate mousse darkest mahogany brow.! it shows on the box : / http://www.couleurexperte.com to look up the color im talking about.. why do you think it came out orange? i went on the website watched watched a video demonstration on using Couleur Experte, just so I didn't screw it up. The first half of the process went pretty well. I washed it out and it looked 閳? dark brown. I expected the base color to be a as red,or redder,than my current hair color. %26lt;%26lt;(the high lighting part?)



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

Well, it depends on what your natural haircolor is. If your hair has any red tones to it already and/or is a dark color, it's hard to highlight it. The natural color is harder to lift because the type of bleach used in at-home highlighting kits is sometimes not strong enough or not left on long enough.



As for how to fix the orange hair, I'd dye it all the darker color OR if the orange is light enough you could buy a color to tone it down. If it's a dark kind of orange, you could try highlighting again but It could cause alot of breakage. So the best thing would be to go to a salon in this case.



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

Mmm hard to say maybe the bleach in the highlights had a reactions to your hair



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

Oh WOW am I glad I ran across this question, I was considering doing this sometime soon to touch up where some grays are happening!... Well let me think, if it has the streaking stuff then it's meant to kind of fade out or lighten to mimick a natural sun bleaching right?.. bet that's where the orange came from. Maybe too much of the lighter stuff?



Aww.. Good Luck, glad you asked this q though, I may not try this now, and go gray gracefully.



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

it depends on ur natural hair color and how many minutes you left it in



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

Every time that I have used this brand in any of the warm tones, I always ended up with red or orange. My hair is naturally dark brown, almost black. I figured out that I have natural red undertones. They show up really bad when I attempt to dye my hair. I didn't have any problems with this brand when I selected a cool shade to add blond or caramel colored highlights but any time I picked one that had warm on the box I ended up red. So now (when going lighter) I look for the ones that say cool or neutral.



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

In response to your hair turning an orange color due to the mascara wand on steroids it more than likely it was not a strong enough peroxide. This is why us hair dressers love the fact that you all think that you can do our job by your self with the grand ol box color if it were meant to come out perfect don't you think a hair stylist would use the color products you can buy on the shelf. Anyway the reason I replied was to let you know that it was not strong enough to penetrate through the color that was put on first. ut Good Luck on your Future Color Experience



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

This is a common occurance with many people doing highlights themselves or doing anything with blonde themselves. As soon as the hair starts turning orange, they get nervous and rinse it out. The hair has several stages it has to go through before it gets to a pretty blonde, and even then, sometimes that blonde might not be quite the right shade and has to be toned. The hair turns orange, then a brassy gold, then yellow, then pale yellow and so on.



You may have to go and get it corrected by a colorist. Sometimes, if the lightener is reapplied to those orange pieces, you can get it lifted lighter. Or they may use a transparent color gloss to tone down the orange pieces and make them an acceptable color.



The advertisers always make stuff like that look so easy, but it really isn't, and more times than not, you won't get the desired results. It's best to leave it to a professional, or at least, find a beauty school that has a good reputation, and get your color done there if you can't afford a colorist. The thing a lot of people don't realize is in the long run it can end up costing more when you go the do-it-yourself route, because color corrections cost a lot of money. If you just went to a colorist in the beginning, it would cost you about half of what a color correction would run! Plus you get exactly what you want!



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

Yeah, this happened with my sister, she used the exactly same colour on her hair. It was suppose to be brown highlights but they turned out orange. At the beggining its bad but as time goes on the higlights turned darker. And her hair is black.



L'oreal couleur experte.....what in the world?

this happen to me today!!! i highlight my hair today using loreal paris high-lite styliste and it came out wrong or should i say not good! it looks like some cheetah mark. don't worry your not alone. but it was a experience for me since it was the first time i ever laid dye on my hair. i must even admit it was fun but not the resut you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee